10 reasons online dating doesn’t work for me
Hi Guys… I am Shreya, 24 years old pretty, homely, intelligent, sensitive, caring girl *wink wink*… but still no luck in finding a cool dude… tough luck.
In today’s scenario, the whole world is now online. The internet world has given a lot of ease to our lives. We can buy anything from all over the world in just a few clicks. In today’s fast-paced world, online sites actually have proved very time saving and effective. Previously, I used to roam around shops to buy small-small things and had to waste most of the weekends. I couldn’t get time to spend peaceful time with my loved ones. From the past year, I visited malls only to watch movies and enjoy the various delicacies. My life has become so easy and comfortable. But it became a challenge to find my soul mate. This also became difficult these days to get free time to find someone, meet someone and date someone.
Six months ago, I made a decision… it was June month I guess. As I had become an internet bird so I thought I’d go for cyber romance. I thought it will give me a lot of options on one-tab page and 1000 more as I click on “another tab page”. This way I could find best over from all online dating sites. After all, I am perfect in all aspects so deserve the same kind of person. I made my accounts on all most all dating sites. I came to know a lot of boys, I used to chat for long hours, I spoke with many different types of boys… some were chatting lovers… some were shy and some were too open that I used to feel shy. There were so many good-looking pictures of boys which made it more difficult to choose one, two or many. *sigh*
I almost spent three months on these sites and spent a lot of time and money. With the grace of these sites, I got chance to speak few boys who were very handsome and had similar good looks I was looking for. I was happy with their behavior too. Quite a time it was also late-night chatting after a hard day at work. In the start, each time after having few conversations I started to feel that I found the one but with the increasing conversations I lost my interest. One of them made a fake profile which I came to know from some other social site. I was able to connect to a few good accounts but somehow, I felt everyone was so presentable on sites without any flaws which actually could not be real. Slowly, I lost my interest and one day I decided to delete all my accounts.
I don’t want you to go through the same phase and waste your time and money on such sites. So, I am giving you my ten reasons why these online dating sites did not prove good for me. If you feel a similar thing, go and just delete your accounts immediately.
1. Soul mates not available online – If you are looking for your life partner, online sites are not the right place for you. Most profiles you will find with only fairly superficial information which won’t help you to understand how someone may actually behave in real life.
2. Fake profiles – As I experienced, you will find many fake profiles. Their intentions could be different. These sites are an easy target for crimes. They can use your pictures, can click your videos from hidden cameras and misuse the same. So, you have to be very alert and careful while using these sites.
3. Trust. Luck is not often on our side with these sites – If you know someone personally, they think twice, at least, to break your trust but when you are connected with someone online, they can easily break your trust and get rid off you with just a click on block button… eazy peazy.
4. Just a Platform (to pass the time) – Many people come to these sites just to spend their free time. They don’t come with an intention of finding real love. They get involved with you, enjoy your conversation and when they get busy or find another interesting person…. they just ignore you without caring of your emotions which does not happen that frequently when you know someone personally.
5. Categories – You can filter profiles according to your choice. You will profile region-wise, country wise, physics, color, habits. You just need to categorize and you can literally draw a dating partner of your choice but there is no proof of how much the given information is correct. People can easily alter their profiles.
6. Wrong Judgement – Maybe you are the lucky one to find genuine profiles. You may find some nice partner but you cannot make the correct judgment until and unless you personally know someone. Your judgment can be affected by pictures and their impressive words which can easily hide their real nature.
7. Online fever – Most of the time, we tend to get easily disclosed to others in the online environment. We feel more comfortable and open comparatively and we dare to talk personally. This also could lead to many problems. We easily share our sensitive information and get attached emotionally to such environment.
8. Time-consuming – As I started online dating to save time and realized this actually take lots of time because you also waste time on fake people and it takes time even to find genuine people and that also depends on your luck.
9. Money eating sites – This also empties your account balance if you get addicted to these dating sites and you may have to borrow a loan
10. Long Distance Relationship – If by chance you find your someone with whom you fall in love. And there is long …really long… distance that is another risk to lose your lucky one. We mostly tend to find our love around the place only when we search someone personally.
So, the list is not enough…. maybe you can add more reason from your experience. There is no doubt that there are many people who found their true love online, got married and living happily. But unfortunately, I am not the lucky one. So, I have turned on my antenna and it began searching that for that lucky one in close proximity.
Wish me luck next time.