– NAIA is the worst in the world, and we cannot be proud of that. How do we solve this? Either we move the International terminal out of Manila and make Clark the International Airport or we demolish NAIA, and build up a new one. A new one that is connected to Terminal 2 and 3 with walkators, high speed train and an expressway in and out of the airport. If we go for the Clark option, then NAIA Terminals 1 to 3 can be for domestic and Clark will be for international. A high speed train will be built from Clark to the NAIA domestic airport. These terminals in NAIA should also be connected to our LRTs and MRTs.
– More security personnel in the terminals and please, arrest the corrupt officials.
– Upgrade the MRT. Widen the trains and add additional vehicles.
– Implement a contactless card just like HK’s Octopus Card that is useable in MRT and LRT.
– Add more expressways. Example is an expressway along the Pasig River.
– A long shot, but a subway is also good, rather, best. Laguna Lake subway comes to mind.
– A high speed train (or network of trains) from Ilocos to Bicol (with stations in between)? Why it’s not? This can also solve the additional traffic the Provincial buses add to Metro Manila.
– Also as part of the modernization, aside from FX taxis, jeepneys should be replaced by electronic jeepneys. A long shot as of now, but when the network of trains is implemented, this can be done.
– Stricter penalty for taxis asking for contracts and not meters.
– If network of trains will be implemented, we can extend these networks to nearby provinces so that development of new CBDs can prosper as well. People don’t have to work in Manila, but they can look for work in their own provinces. Just like I said, the high speed train from Ilocos to Bicol will be very beneficial for this.
– Implement pedestrian crossings better. We must instill discipline not only to the motorists but also to pedestrians and commuters as well. Consider putting up pedestrian traffic lights especially in CBDs.
– Implement a subway in Makati. That’s the only hope traffic will subside in that place. We already have underground crossings, then f**king implement a subway already.
– Lesser taxes on electronic and hybrid cars. I mean, come the f**k on. Sustainability is the key to the future.
Life and Works of Rizal
Gumaa, Ahmed M