Secret Sorrows

Secret Sorrows

It was great until it lasted A love truly never destined to be Silently tormented by the whys Happiness so abruptly taken from me

In the dark of my room

I was pondering on a love lost

The bittersweet taste of a love almost forgotten

Growing up and growing apart

Until fate smiled upon me

And gave me a chance to rekindle the might-have been

Making up for the lost time

Hoping this time it would last a lifetime

The familiar taste of your lips on mine

The warmth of your touch that sent quivers within

The pure ecstasy of your breath on my neck

Oh how you made my heart throb

And long for more

For that delicious feeling

That filled my heart with anticipation

It was great until it lasted

A love truly never destined to be

Silently tormented by the whys

Happiness so abruptly taken from me

Something, somehow, changed along the way

Old feelings gone

Staring at the clock as oblivion moves

I know I can’t force a dying candle to burn bright again

Just give me time, my old love

For I’ll let you go until you’re just a fleeting memory

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Default image
Soraya
Notify of
8 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Edsel Anne Ogawa
Edsel Anne Ogawa
March 12, 2019 4:09 pm

Most of us tend to focus on falling in love and use the feeling of love to determine the span of a relationship. When a relationship is new, it is fun and enjoyable courting or being courted. In the beginning, we are constantly thinking about the new person in our life, and wanting to spend all of our time together and share new experiences together. Feelings, however, can be sudden. No one seems to want to talk about how those loving feelings can fade, that it takes work to keep the love alive, and that choosing to stay in love… Read more »

Virgilio Cruz
Virgilio Cruz
March 12, 2019 4:18 pm

ACT181

Somehow, someday time will find its way. Give me time to find myself back again. You can never find the same love never again but instead you will build another experience with them. You met someone for a reason, its for you to be strong or to be fragile but always remember. Another day is another blessing to find yourself and love once more.

Rouvic Arensol (ACT 185)
Rouvic Arensol (ACT 185)
March 12, 2019 4:33 pm

There’s a saying that “time heals”, when time goes by we can forgive it but remember not to forget it because it’s still part of your memories, your experience, your life. Take this as a positive sign, take this as your lesson and learn from it. Maybe we can find our true love in the right time and right moment. Everyone deserved to be loved and to be in love. Maybe these sign is just like the three lines in math which are the tangent line, parallel line and asymptotic line. Someday we will meet the right person for our… Read more »

Joseph S. Valenzuela
Joseph S. Valenzuela
March 12, 2019 4:42 pm

All things are temporary, and we could not stop this rule of earth. Everyone will leave you no matter what so enjoy and cherish the things or the person that you have right now. Make your time worth it to each other and always highlight the happiness that you feel with them because someday even they don’t want to leave you, it will happen. So, Don’t expect that they will last forever so you will experience too much hurt when they leave. But remember, it is just in earth because with God in heaven you will find the everalasting love… Read more »

Marislea PAED

September 8, 2019 8:20 pm

👍

Ressa Murriel
Ressa Murriel
November 12, 2019 10:01 pm

Teresa Diong, Mar183, Art Appreciation, Moment, MQ2

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x