YOU

Published by Ms. Taciturn on

What’s life like when I’m with you?


Hmmm let me see… 

The second time that we decided to meet, I was a little anxious to see you. It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears. 

That day, I went to you where you were dropped off from the van. 

Saw you smile at me,

…your eyes were glowing…

… Cheeks were blushing,

Then I felt my ears and cheeks warming up, that seemed like I too, was blushing from seeing you. You held my hand and were thrilled to see me. But still, I have kept on denying that I was really excited to see you at that time. And then we started catching up…

I decided to be distant to you, showed a little coldness, just because I don’t want to deceive myself because of the fears I have that well, may eventually hurt me. But then, having the chance to talk to you, as I looked into your eyes while you speak, was like I was chasing all the words you utter and listening to you while you share the things you did from your vacation, made me feel so comfortable, that all the inhibitions I had were slowly fading. I thought, I can remain cold and distant to you but it turned out, it didn’t happen. Instead, I was happy, felt more relaxed, like you’re one long lost friend that I was dying to meet again.

You probably didn’t notice but I appreciate your presence. Your very mere presence, gave me enough confidence to just be myself, be comfortable with myself, be spontaneous as I am and just enjoy every minute that we’re together.

And so we did. 

The rest of the week, as what I perceived it to be was history. I was glad that you gave me a chance to see your soul. When we’re together talking and just chilling out, I get to see the real you; the introvert side of you, your gentleness, the sensitive side of you, how rational at times you can be, the “kalog” side of you, everything that makes you who you really are. You let me see all of them without any sign of pretentions. And so I said to myself, I can trust you; your whole being. 

Though for that week, we also shared some conflicts and misunderstandings, but it helped us to get to know each other better. It has helped me to be more considerate and sensitive enough towards everything – it helped me understand you better. And so, I accepted every flaw that you shared. I accepted you as how you accepted the whole me. Flawed and imperfect. 

And as the week came to its end, I realized that having to spend that week with you, was one of the perfect gifts I received. I gained a True Friend. I really enjoyed everything and I’m hoping it won’t be our last.

Please support us by liking and sharing:

Ms. Taciturn

I am decisively indecisive. A paradox. A woman.

27
Leave a Reply

Please Login to comment
27 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
27 Comment authors
Patricia Gwen RamosPamela Dianne CenonCYRILLE ANN DAPPITLuigi V CruzRhia Sapa Recent comment authors
  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Jack Herer
Member

John Rey Dungca ACT 184 For me, it is neurotic claims, because on the third line the author said “The second time that we decided to meet, I was a little anxious to see you. It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears.” then this line supported it. ” I decided to be distant to you, showed a little coldness, just because I don’t want to deceive myself because of the fears I have that well, may eventually hurt me.” The neurotic claims say that rooted in… Read more »

Jascha Zurbito
Member

The neurotic claims say that rooted in unhealthy imaginative fantasies, they are largely unconscious expectations that reality should conform to one’s neurotic needs.
The author describe the character as perfect one her imaginative fantasies everything that she was describing there were flaws but still good.

Joshua Bautista
Member

I think it is Neurotic Claims because the author has these expectations that kept her from fully engaging herself with her partner. In the line that she said she felt only 80% sure about meeting him again. This can be reasoned out as her unconscious expectation towards what might he would think about her.

Mary Erica G. Gregorio
Member
Mary Erica G. Gregorio

Mary Erica Gregorio | ACT184 From the line of , “The second time that we decided to meet, I was a little anxious to see you. It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears.” it tells that it is a neurotic claims because it pertains an imaginative fantasies. It is like turns to entitlement as an unconscious expectations that reality must accept to one’s neurotic needs.

Jolinah O. Manalo
Member

Jolinah O. Manalo | ACT-184
For me, this one is neurotic claims. Neurotic claims rooted in unhealthy imaginative fantasies, they are largely unconscious expectations that reality should conform to one’s neurotic needs. They are wishes and wants that turn into entitlements. For that reason, they tend to be unrealistic, egocentric, somethimes vindictive. Because when the author said “the second time that we decided to meet, I was a little anxious. It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears”.

Chila Prado
Member

For me, the story presents a neurotic tendency related to a neurotic claim. According to the discussion, neurotic claims originates from unhealthy imaginative fantasies. From what the author stated, it is as if she was imagining how perfect their first meeting was or maybe, how is should be. These descriptions might have been her expectations from a friend. Also, it is convincing that these are neurotic claims because she mentioned that she just met him/her for only a week and yet the way she described it is like she has known him/her for years already. Lastly, I think the use… Read more »

Felisse Morabe
Member

neurotic claims is where “unconscious expectations that reality schould conform to one’s neurotic need”. On this article it can be realized that the author, at first, was afraid. He’s afraid that their meeting would not be ideal or things would not go the way he envisions it. Somehow, along the way he realized he does noe need to pretentious so that the day would be in favor of him and just like that he became more of himself.

Faye Cañotal
Member

ACT 184
It is Neurotic Claims in the fact that the creator has these wants that kept her from completely captivating herself with her accomplice. In the line that she said she felt just 80% beyond any doubt about gathering him once more. This can be contemplated out as her oblivious desire towards what may he would think about her.

Grace Joy Labayne
Member

ACT-184 Labayne, Grace Joy
Neurotic claims rooted in unhealthy imaginative fantasies. And this one presents a neurotic claim because from what the author rote, she was imagining of how they would meet. The author also stated, “The second time that we decided to meet, I was a little anxious to see you. It’s like, 80% of me we excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears.” In this statement, it shows neurotic claims.

Kevin Aldrin De Guzman
Member

For me, it’s a neurotic claims because as what Horney said, “Neurotics believe they have special privileges in life and become extremely frustrated when their wishes are not granted” and it is kind of the same with the author’s situation. As the author said, “The second time that we decided to meet, I was a little anxious to see you. It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears.” and that line moved her into a realm fantasy, an imaginative one. She has this neurotic pride that makes… Read more »

Andrea Fernandez
Member
Andrea Fernandez

Andrea Fernandez ACT184

For me, it is related to neurotic claims, as the author is somewhat creating a set of expectations, and daydream for something. Even the author and her friend have been together for just a short time, the author hopes and believes that it will last long, and she already concluded different things about her friend. She is kinda in an ecstatic feeling where she dreamed so much things and hope for so many things, having no guarantee that it will happen in real life.

Greianne Naron
Member

I think this is neurotic claim, as a definition it is rooted in unhealthy imaginative fantasies. The author is unconsciously expectating things between her and her partner is already deep, when in fact they have just known each other for a week. The last part where “I really enjoyed everything and I’m hoping it won’t be our last” is very obvious that the author has a lot of imaginations and expectations.

Grei-Anne Naron
ACT-184

Shaivie Javier
Member
Shaivie Javier

For me, it is a neurotic claims. It was rooted in unhealthy imaginative fantasies. As the author stated “The second time that we decided to meet, I was a little anxious to see you. It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears” which means they tend to become unrealistic and engage into unconscious expectations that leads to assess himself what might the girl think about him.

Shaivie Rose Javier
ACT184

Maecy Chandy Santos
Member
Maecy Chandy Santos

Maecy Chandy G. Santos ACT 184

For me it’s neurotic claims because it says there that ‘20% were full of doubts and fears’. It’s rooted in her unhealthy fantasies that she expects something she isn’t sure that will happen.

alcyra santos
Member

Ma. Alcyra Aira M. Santos ACT 184 The article discusses having an intimate relationship with someone. Actually, its not clearly stated what their relationship is but on the last line, the author said that she gained a friend but the way she describe the subject is kind of intimate and romantic. I think the article is trying to imply or show neurotic claims. Based on what we discuss on lectures, neurotic claims is a result of unhealthy imaginative fantasy and I could say that this article clearly portrays that. The 20% that she said on the first few lines portrays… Read more »

Princess Leah Banoy
Member

Princess Leah Banoy ACT 184 This pertains to Neurotic Claims where the author unconciously and implicitly expecting and wishing something to happen or to bloom between them too, which then eventually lead to entitlement supported by the last line ” ’Im hoping it won’t be our last.” The author seems to be fantasizing about his friend of liking each other, when infact they just met for the second time and feels like they knew each other more than enough and asking for more. Everything seems to be a fantasy to her where she imagined everything to be perfect and thinks… Read more »

Joyce Acuzar
Member
Joyce Acuzar

“Neurotic Claims: rooted in unhealthy imaginative fantasies, they are largely unconscious expectations that reality should conform to one’s neurotic needs. They are wishes and wants that turn into entitlements. For that reason they tend to be unrealistic, egocentric, sometimes vindictive (especially when frustrated), and fulfillable without an effort on one’s own part. Although they come with a high price tag in terms of energy, realism, and authenticity, they are clung to because they help the realization of the idealized self in its search for glory.” I think the story is about neurotic claim because the author creates expectation from her friend. In the last… Read more »

ashley nhicollete dela rosa
Member

For me, it is a neurotic claim, as from the definition that is rooted in unhealthy imaginative fantasies. The author said it is something that having expectations and imaginative thoughts. She says that “It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears.” That statement or line says it all about the neurotic claim.

Ashley Nhicollete G. Dela Rosa
ACT184

SHAN ARVIE LEDESMA
Member
SHAN ARVIE LEDESMA

(ACT184) People have this so called expectations towards others and they tend to get afraid and frustrated when that expectations are not being met. For me, the context shows a neurotic claim wherein the person narrating must have been imagining how their meeting would have been according to what she wishes. Furthermore, a week is too short to know a person fully. The author must be very ecstatic in that short span of time that she forgot to think logically and beyond that week-long special. I guess the author was unconscious about making her own expectation where in the end… Read more »

Erika Yvette Lopez
Member
Erika Yvette Lopez

It’s neurotic tendency is neurotic claims because it rooted in an unhealthy imagination. In the line, “It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears.”, it pertains to her unconscious expectations to what her friend might think.

Erika Yvette B. Lopez
ACT184

Celina O. De Jesus
Member

For me it’s Neurotic Claims because the author tend to exhibit many double-standards in the way he behave/interact with other people. From this line: “I decided to be distant to you, showed a little coldness, just because I don’t want to deceive myself because of the fears I have that well, may eventually hurt me.” It shows that the author doesn’t want to give his hundred percent and show some pretentious acts in order to save himself from hurting. The author also believes that he deserves happiness and go to great, sometimes extreme lengths to ensure that happens, often at… Read more »

Christine Sael
Member

Christine Sael- ACT184

It is a neurotic claims because from what the author says, “The second time that we decided to meet, I was a little anxious to see you. It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears.” i already know that she was drawing an imaginative fantasies. The author also describe him as a perfect man and even his flaws makes him beautiful to her eyes.

Rhia Sapa
Member
Rhia Sapa

RHIA SAPA ACT 184
I think it’s Neurotic Claim because based on the content of the passage, the author clearly describes her ideal partner or friend, or let’s say her expectations on the other person. And for that, it fits the definition of neurotic claim that it is rooted in unhealthy imaginative fantasies and unconscious expectations.

Luigi V Cruz
Member
Luigi V Cruz

It is Neurotic Claims. If we will define neurotic claims it is rooted in unhealthy imaginative fantasies, they are largely unconscious expectations that reality should conform to one’s neurotic needs. And in the article above there’s a line “I was a little anxious to see you. It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears. ” Before they meet there was an imagination happened and expectation what can happen when they already meet.

CYRILLE ANN DAPPIT
Member

Cyrille Ann Dappit
ACT 184

For my perception I thinks it’s neurotic claims because of its some negativities on her imaginations towards to her partner that she can imagine of 20% of doubts. It senses the realization of her expectation that the author presents the reality of having doubts towards to her partners.

It claims unhealthy and negative perspective that can affects the person it self.Her wants became her standards of settlemens that can figute out on her own true self.

Pamela Dianne Cenon
Member

The neurotic tendency is called neurotic claim, which is defined as something that is rooted in an unhealthy imaginative fantasies. In the line “I was a little anxious to see you. It’s like, 80% of me was excited to be with you, but the remaining 20% were full of doubts and fears.” That 20% made her decisions different, it made her more conscious of her moves and reactions, because her doubts and fears made her think negatively.

Pamela Dianne M. Cenon
ACT184

Patricia Gwen Ramos
Member

ACT 184 – Ramos, Patricia Gwen While reading, I observed that Neurotic Claims were manifested in her story. By definition, neurotic claims may arise from unhealthy imaginative fantasies. It is very evident how dreamy the author was as she described how their meeting went. She used words that made it very obvious that despite her being hesitant at first, she felt as if their entire day was just perfect and it was how she hoped it would be. She also hinted that it was just their second meeting hence they barely know each other yet her words were too comfortable… Read more »